The bone marrow is two years old!

I feel like we should be having cake, but Karl’s research tells him that sugar feeds cancer cells, so we (him more than me) have cut back on sugar. He also tries to avoid artificial sweeteners except in Diet Pepsi, which he just can’t completely give up. Quality of life is important too.

So it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. Karl takes daily chemo in an oral pill form, and like all chemo there are side effects. He is learning to manage the side effects better, in some cases through other medications, but you do what you have to do. During the summer his neutrophils (the white blood cells that fight infections) were dangerously low. We spent most of that time at home so as to avoid other people who may have been sick. Even catching a normal cold is a big deal for Karl. He had one earlier in the fall and had to go to his doctor where he was prescribed an antibiotic and a puffer, and had to go back for a checkup after a week to make sure his lungs had started to clear. To put it in perspective I had the same cold, but I was able to suffer through. That’s our daily difference.

But, that being said, it’s all good. The effects of the cancer and the chemo is Karl’s new normal. His cancer numbers are slowly creeping back up, but his hematologist says he is ok with the current chemo regime for now. We are able to do most of the things we want to do. We spent 3 months in Florida last spring, with Karl flying back each month for treatments and checkups. We also spent the month of September there and got to see the hype around the hurricane that just wasn’t as far as Florida was concerned. Currently we are babysitting our precious granddaughter during the weekdays, with plans to get back to Florida for some of the winter. So, Happy 2nd Birthday bone marrow. We are happy you are here with us!


Comments

  1. Denise tells it ever so eloquently. Until the cancer reaches a certain level, the effects of the medications, are worse then the effects of the cancer. And then more meds are needed to offset the effects of the cancer meds. I really had seven or eight ‘colds’ last year, well not really colds but sinus infections, chest infections, mouth inflammation and sore throat, and nasty bowel inflammation. In stead of getting over them in a couple of days, it would take more medications and weeks each time. Pills, I hates them........and none of then will give ma a buzz.��

    On a positive note, I finished my 24 rounds of Zometa last month. Zometa is an iv administered bone builder. The cancer leeches calcium from, and weakens ones bones. This treatment offset that deterioration. it was pretty mild at first but it has a long half life and stays in the system for a long time and builds up its concentration. It would stay in my system for a long time and towards the end, caused a lot of severe aches, pain and cramps for 6-8 days.

    The weather in Florida was good and made each day a hell of a lot more comfortable. I really didn’t like having to wear a hospital mask on planes and in heavy crowds, but if that is what it takes to keep me on this side of the sod, so be it.

    Thanks to all for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome, Lupus Cure,Fibromyalgia,Cancer,Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia Disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis,I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/www.drituaherbalcenter.com . I also chat with him  he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guidelines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Transplant Day 3